These policies are not altered on an individual basis, please do not ask.
- Please review all of our policies before making a purchase. View all photos, written descriptions and ask any questions you may have before buying.
- The item will be marked “SOLD” as soon as we receive payment in full.
- Items are processed within 48 hours of payment excluding weekends and holidays unless otherwise noted.
- We are unable to place any items on hold, please use our layaway program instead.
- Style & Salvage accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover via our secure server as well as Paypal.
- All credit card orders are secure transactions.
- Style & Salvage reserves the right to cancel or put on hold any transaction that appears suspicious or fraudulent.
Terms of Sale
- All items will be sold As Is.
- We describe these items to the best of our ability. We check each item carefully and will try to list any notable flaws. These are vintage items and wear consistent with age is normal and should be expected.
- Items may be larger or smaller than my mannequin or model and may be clipped or pinned to show fit.
- Accessories are not included unless otherwise stated. This includes, but is not limited to: Crinolines, belts, and jewelry.
- We ship via USPS. Cost is based on package weight. Large shipments may need to be shipped in more than one box.
- Shipping is combined on more than one item, cost is based on total weight
- Most orders are processed within 48 hours excluding holidays and weekends unless otherwise noted.
- If you want insurance, signature confirmation or anything else not mentioned below, please contact us! We are happy to work with your needs.
- If an item is returned to us by the post office for any reason, other than our mistake, the buyer is responsible for the original shipping cost plus any additional shipping cost to resend the order. We will contact the buyer when we receive the item, if the return shipping payment is not received within 7 days of contact the item will be put back up for sale. No refund will be given, purchase price will be forfeit.
- Orders cancelled prior to shipment will incur a 10% cancellation fee.
Domestic Returns (USA)
- We accept returns on most clothing items. Our policy regarding returns is strict and will not be altered on an individual basis. For a list of non-returnable items, please see below.
- Items purchased with a discount code or on layaway are considered sale items and are not eligible for return.
- We do not accept returns on Housewares, Shoes, Purses or Lingerie.
- To return an item the buyer must contact Style & Salvage within 48 hours days of item receipt.
- Item must be received back at Style and Salvage within 10 days of item receipt.
- Refund will be given for merchandise only, not shipping or return shipping.
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories must be included.
- If we receive the return and it appears to have been used, altered or damaged, or if our tags are not attached, a refund will not be given. The buyer must pay for return shipping if they desire the item back.
- Domestic Returns must be shipped back via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation at the customer’s expense. Delivery confirmation number must be provided at time of return. Buyer is responsible for all shipping fees. If an item is returned, shipping charges will not be refunded.
- Due to their delicate nature, items older than 1950s are not returnable.
- International packages are not returnable.
- Item purchased on sale, discounted, purchased with a coupon or discount code, purchased via layaway, or any item we have marked down per customer request are not returnable.
- Shoes, Socks, Purses, Accessories, Ties/Neckties, Bow Ties, Underwear, Lingerie, Swimwear, Hats, Furs, Items with Fur Trim, Feathers and items with Feather Trim are not returnable.
- Any item listed as unwearable, "Damaged/Pattern Only" or the condition is listed as "Fair" or "Poor" and/or marked "As Is" are not returnable.
- Housewares, Photography & Art are not returnable.
- International packages are not returnable.
- All international packages will be shipped USPS.
- Any packages over 4lbs or $150 will be shipped USPS Priority Mail or Express Mail.
- We are not responsible for items detained in customs or lost due to customer providing an incorrect address.
- Customs will be the responsibility of the buyer. Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or the shipping cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying. These charges will not be reimbursed by Style & Salvage for any reason.
- We will not, under any circumstances, mark an item as "Gift". US law requires accurate information on customs documents. We will not falsify costs or contents of the package. International packages will include the item description and price paid. No exceptions.
- Items returned to us because the buyer refused to pay import taxes. VAT, customs handling charges or any other cost related to pick up will not be accepted as a return, refunded or reshipped. If the customer wants the package back, they can pay to have the item reshipped within 7 days of the item arriving back at Style & Salvage. If we receive no payment to reship, the item and original purchase price are forfeit.
- We will not ship to-Italy, South Africa or any country considered a war zone by USPS. If you live in one of these countries, we are happy to ship to an address in a different country (a friend or relative) and they can forward the item to you.
- Vintage clothing was cut and sized much differently than modern clothing. The size tag may not reflect modern day sizing.
- It is important to know your measurements to determine accurate fit.
- Vintage garments can be fragile, wearing something that is too tight for you can damage the garment.
- Many vintage garments were cut in a way to allow altering by a tailor for a customized fit. Please contact us if your measurements are off by just a bit, we can let you know if altering is possible.
- Keep in mind, if your waist measures 26” and the waist of your dress measures 26” you are going to be squeezed into it! Allow some room to breathe, sit down, eat, etc. Be honest about your measurements and what you find comfortable.
- Many vintage garments are not lined. They were made to be worn with proper undergarments, slips, girdles, pettipants, etc.
- All sizes shown on garments in photos, in item titles or in item descriptions are approximate. Please use measurements for a more accurate idea of fit.
- Title and menus may show Small, Medium, Large, etc. for search reasons. Below is an estimate of what these abbreviations may mean.
- The measurements shown below can vary based on garment style and cut.
- All shoe sizes listed are an estimate. Please measure your feet and a pair of similar shoes to determine fit.
Garment Measurement (Shown as Bust/Waist/Hips in inches)
XXS- up to 31/23/33
XS- 32/24/34 to 33/25/35
S- 34/26/36 to 35/27/38
M- 36/28/39 to 37/29/40
L- 38/30/40 to 39/31/41
XL- 40/32/42 to 42/33/44
XXL- 43/34/45 to 46/37/48
3XL- 47/38/49 to 50/42/53
Men's Shirt/Jacket Sizing:
Garment Measurement (Shown as Chest/Waist in inches)
XXS-up to 32/26
Suit Jacket Length:
Men's Suit Sizing:
Actual chest measurement of the jacket minus 2".
A jacket that measures 44" armpit to armpit will be marked as a size 42.
NOS/Deadstock: New Old Stock items are unused and often have original tags and/or packaging. These are vintage items that were either never sold or never worn. These items can have dust marks, odors, fading, rust stains from pins etc. from decades of storage and should be cleaned before wearing. Deadstock items are non-returnable.
Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.
What is an Inventory #?
This number is for identification purposes and helps us find your item in our warehouse!
- This fit guide explains how and where we take our measurements. We measure the actual garment from the outside unless otherwise noted.
- Please take your measurements (or measure a garment with a similar cut you already own) for an idea of fit. We are unable to guess if an item will fit you or if an item is similar to a modern day size.
- Style and Salvage does not guarantee any item against damage incurred from improper handling, dry cleaning, home laundering, washing in a dishwasher or cleaning with any cleaning product.
- Vintage items should be worn and/or handled with consideration of their age. All items on our website are at least 20 years old. Each item has been used, loved and stored with care for many years before reaching you. Knowing how to care for your vintage item is essential. Proper care will ensure its continued long life.
- Most vintage garments were not designed for machine washing and drying, they should be hand washed and air dried or dry cleaned.
- To ensure that your vintage garment is water safe do a spot test. Place a drop of water in an area where it will not be noticed, inner seams work well. Let the drop dry and if the fabric puckers or runs you garment is not water safe and must be dry cleaned.
- Dry clean any garment that is lined, has beading or sequins, embroidery work, silk, rayon or velvet. Furs and leathers need to be taken to a cleaner with experience cleaning these materials.
- Use a reliable dry cleaner that is familiar with vintage items.
- Never store your garments on wire hangers, in plastic, in the sun or in areas that get extremely hot, cold or damp.
- Vintage housewares, including, but not limited to, glasses and mixing bowls, should always be hand washed. Never put a vintage item in the dishwasher. Dishwashing these items will remove decoration and destroy the finish.
- To dust or clean other vintage housewares we suggest using a soft cloth dampened with only water. If more drastic measures are necessary a very mild soap or white vinegar can be used, test in a small area first and be sure to rinse thoroughly.